Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Problem beheben.

DScha20
Beginner

Hallo,

der Laptop meiner Frau, ein Acer Swift 3 wurde mit der Intel RST ausgeliefert. Beim ersten Start wurde die RST automatisch geöffnet und empfohlen eine Datensicherung anzulegen.

Dies wurde auch gemacht, das Laptop verfügt über eine 128GB SSD Festplatte und eine 1 TB SATA Festplatte.

Nun ist das Problem, dass die SSD als Master genutzt wird und die SATA Festplatte als Wiederherstellungsplatte...

Somit wird die 1 TB Festplatte unter Windows nicht mehr angezeit und kann nicht genutzt werden, außer von RST als Wiederherstellungslager.

Ich habe keine Möglichkeit gefunden dies rückgängig zu machen und würde mich sehr freuen, wenn mir jemand behilflich sein könnte.

Ich möchte also die Festplatten wieder in den ursprünglichen Zustand zurück setzen und RST deinstallieren.

Eine deinstallation hatte ich schon mal probiert, allerdings ändert sich am Status der Festplatte dabei nichts.

Vielen Dank schon mal im Voraus.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

It would be better if you had provided some screenshots from Intel RST UI showing the status of the volume and disks, as well a screenshot from Windows >> Disk Management, and also system info: (laptop/PC model, Windows version and build, RST driver version, and RST software version in Windows Apps & Features...)

This is seems to be the known problem of setting a disk as a recovery due to performing steps without (first) checking and reading what is someone doing on the system...

To have the disk as it was before working as a normal storage drive, you will need to delete the volume and set it as Non-RAID, you can attemp this from Intel RST UI or from Option ROM in the BIOS. If a disk has been set as recovery, there is no native way to undo that, you need to set the drive as Non-RAID and if it does not work I guess you probably need to set the PC to factory defaults.

The following threads ilustrate this issue and instructions to solve this are share, take a look at the steps in those thread so you can attemp to set the drive as a normal storage drive...

1- https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490V8lSAE/intel-rst-converted-my-whole-1tb-hdd-to-a-recovery-disk?language=en_US

2- https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490MTjSAM/deinstalation-of-rapid-storage?language=en_US

Based on this thread:

3- https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004EXg3j/i-have-a-laptop-acer-swift-3f-31454-with-a-ssd-of-250-gb-and-a-hdd-of-1-tb-due-to-some-stupid-actions-of-me-the-laptop-is-now-in-raid-mode-and-there-are-only-250gb-available

You can delete a RAID volume in two different way. Keep in mind that we always recommend backing up your data.

A. Using the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology User Interface Utility

1.Run the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology UI from the following Start menu link:

Start -> All Programs -> Intel® Rapid Storage Technology -> Intel® Rapid Storage Technology UI

2.Under ‘Status’ or ‘Manage’, click on the volume you want to delete. You will be presented with the volume properties on the left.

3.Click on ‘Delete volume’

4.Review the warning message and click ‘Yes’ to delete the volume.

5.The ‘Status’ page refreshes and displays the resulting available space in the storage system view.

B. Using the Option ROM User Interface

-During POST, use CTRL-I to enter the RST BIOS Extension.

-Mark the drive as "Non-RAID".

-Reboot your system.

**This key combination may have been disabled by your computer manufacturer. If you are unable to enter the RAID BIOS extension, please contact your system manufacturer for instructions.

0 Kudos
DScha20
Beginner

Ok thx mate, i will try that next weekend.

0 Kudos