Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!

Intel Virtual RAID on CPU

foreverbi
Beginner

Which intel chipsets does Intel Virtual RAID on CPU support?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, foreverbi.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your thread regarding VROC chipset support, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) is primarily targeted to professional workstations and server platforms. It requires Intel® Volume Management Device (Intel® VMD), a hardware feature only available on the new Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and also limited support for X299 platforms (Intel SSD only).

Because the types of RAID support are very specific to the OEM platform configuration, and there is deep enabling work required on platform BIOS, hardware, and drivers, so it is up to OEM/ODM to decide whether to implement Intel VROC on a specific platform.

The best option is to contact the OEM or platform manufacturer (manufacturer of the server board or server system) to confirm if a specific system support Intel VROC or not, and the type of configurations supported.

If you have any other questions, please let me know, and I will follow up on november 8th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello foreverbi,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

We will move your question to the correct sub forum, the team in charge will get back to you soon.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, foreverbi.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your thread regarding VROC chipset support, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) is primarily targeted to professional workstations and server platforms. It requires Intel® Volume Management Device (Intel® VMD), a hardware feature only available on the new Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and also limited support for X299 platforms (Intel SSD only).

Because the types of RAID support are very specific to the OEM platform configuration, and there is deep enabling work required on platform BIOS, hardware, and drivers, so it is up to OEM/ODM to decide whether to implement Intel VROC on a specific platform.

The best option is to contact the OEM or platform manufacturer (manufacturer of the server board or server system) to confirm if a specific system support Intel VROC or not, and the type of configurations supported.

If you have any other questions, please let me know, and I will follow up on november 8th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, foreverbi.

I wanted to follow up on this community thread to check if you had any questions regarding my previous message.

If I can help you with this or anything else, please let me know, and I will follow up on November 11th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, foreverbi.

This post is to inform you that we are closing this support thread since there was no confirmation about further assistance being required.

I previously shared the Intel VROC requires Intel VMD, a hardware feature only available on the new Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and also limited support for X299 platforms (Intel SSD only), and it is necessary to review with each platform manufacturer if a specific system has Intel VROC implemented or not.

The thread will be closed right now, and will not be monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos