Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!

PTT to TPM

juliof
Beginner

I encrypted a data with Bitlocker in Windows 10 with PTT enabled in BIOS.  Everything worked great.  I inadvertently disabled PTT in BIOS and enabled TPM.  On reboot, I got a message that the drive was removed.  Now, it doesn't show up.  I switched back to PTT, but no luck, the drive is not present.  When I use a USB adapter to connect the sata drive to a USB port, it shows the drive in disk management, but show it as uninitialized.

Can I recover this drive?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, juliof.

Good day,

This post is to inform you about the thread closure.

I previously recommended to check with the OEM or system manufacturer, depending on the platform where the drive was encrypted, and also to let us know if this was an Intel platform/NUC to check if we can assist you.

The thread will be closed since there has been no confirmation, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please feel free to open a new thread or to contact us via any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, juliof.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community support forums.

I received your thread regarding the encrypted drive, I will be glad to assist you.

This particular case does not seem to be related to Intel VROC, and, according to the description, the best option would be to contact the manufacturer of the platform where the drive was encrypted.

If you already did, were you referred back to us for a particular reason? or, is this an Intel platform (line an Intel NUC)?

Please let me know, I will follow up on October 14th in case additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, juliof.

Good day,

This post is to follow up on your thread to check if you had any questions about my previous message.

Your thread will be closed on October 19th if there is no confirmation.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, juliof.

Good day,

This post is to inform you about the thread closure.

I previously recommended to check with the OEM or system manufacturer, depending on the platform where the drive was encrypted, and also to let us know if this was an Intel platform/NUC to check if we can assist you.

The thread will be closed since there has been no confirmation, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please feel free to open a new thread or to contact us via any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos