Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

Question about Intel Rapid-Storage 13.2.4.1000 for a Raid 5-System. Hot-Plug function can not be activated. Why?

WVoel
Beginner

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Tell us more about your system.

Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (using the paperclip under the toolbar).

Doc

0 Kudos
WVoel
Beginner

Thanks for your fast reaction!

I have the text file, but do you mean " attach by paperclip under toolbar"?

Sorry, I don't know.

WVoel

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

In your "REPLY" box, there is a toolbar. Under the toolbar is a paperclip. Use that to attach the text file.

Doc

0 Kudos
WVoel
Beginner

Here the wanted SSU file.

WVoel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

WVoel, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the scenario of the Hot-Plug function not being activated on a RAID 5 configuration still persists and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
WVoel
Beginner

Hi Albert!

Thanks for asking. The hotplug function is deactivated unchanged and cannot be activated. The Intel Rapid Storage software is an old version that otherwise runs without errors. Newer versions were apparently not compatible with the chipset. Yes, I need competent help.

Kind regards,

WVoel

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi WVoel, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

Correct, as you mentioned, the reason why the Hot-Plug feature cannot be activated on your 5-RAID configuration platform is due to compatibility, the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology version 13.2.4.1000 does not support that option that was designed mainly for Server boards.

Additionally, the Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9550 is also not compatible with Windows* 10 so basically, the reason why the Hot-Plug cannot be activated is due to compatibility between hardware and software being used.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
WVoel
Beginner

Hello Albert,

my PC is old and not fast, but extremely stable, reliable and completely sufficient for me. Windows 10 x64 does not cause the slightest problem either. Still my question about the last executable version of the Intel Rapid Storage for my PC. You are from the manufacturer of Intel Rapid Storage and definitely have reliable information.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

WVoel, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

In reference to your question about the last executable version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology for your PC, in order to gather that information the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the computer, they will be able to provide the version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology that was validated by them for you to install it in your platform.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos