Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

RAID 1 for OPTANE SSD DC P4800X series

SYezh
Beginner

Hello,

recently we bought HP DL380p gen10 server with 2pcs NVMe INTEL OPTANE SSD DC P4800X storages. (p/n P02559). i know that there is no hardware raid for this storages. but i want to know - is there any software/driver that can give me intel raid 1?? what is the best way to do this. Now i have tested windows server 2016 (STD) dynamyc disk mirror mode. and it is work, is there any another way to do RAID 1?

In attachment you can find screenshots of drivers and hardware which installed in system.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for contacting us about this concern.

I was reviewing the comparable Intel Softwares with the INTEL OPTANE SSD DC P4800X; and there is a software called: Intel® SSD Data Center Tool (Intel® SSD DCT); however, this tool is in order to monitor and firmware updates.

If you would like to check more details, please go to the following link: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28639?product=97162

On the other hand, in our Intel Server Boards we use a key called: Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC).

Nevertheless, my best recomendation for you will be to contact HP in order to check if they use a similar key in order to manage and control the RAID Configuration of those Intel Optane SSDs on this HP Server Board.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Under Contract to Intel Corporation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SYezh
Beginner

sorry for incorrect p/n - correct is 877718-001

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for contacting us about this concern.

I was reviewing the comparable Intel Softwares with the INTEL OPTANE SSD DC P4800X; and there is a software called: Intel® SSD Data Center Tool (Intel® SSD DCT); however, this tool is in order to monitor and firmware updates.

If you would like to check more details, please go to the following link: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28639?product=97162

On the other hand, in our Intel Server Boards we use a key called: Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC).

Nevertheless, my best recomendation for you will be to contact HP in order to check if they use a similar key in order to manage and control the RAID Configuration of those Intel Optane SSDs on this HP Server Board.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Sergey,

I would like to know if you have any other question related to an specific Intel Product, If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Sergey,

Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support.

I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
SYezh
Beginner

thank you very much for assistance. and i think you can close this case. I don't find any solution to make raid 1 and now using a microsoft windows mirror disk method.

0 Kudos
shell2
Beginner

I'm pretty sure this question is in the wrong forum. Optane SSDs are not the same as Optane DC Persistent Memory.

0 Kudos