Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

Raid Management Software for Win Server 2012 R2

Vka1
Beginner

I have Windows Server 2012 R2 and Intel 10 raid Volume:

Intel C600+/C220+ series chipset sSata RAID Controller

I am looking for some management soft which would allow me see the discs, set email alerts when one of the discs fails and etc. Is there anything like that and if yes, where can I get it?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Vicorka.

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Communities Team.

I understand you are looking for a software that allows you to better manage your RAID array. I will be more than glad to assist you further.

I would like to know which is the model of your Motherboard. Furthermore, please let me know if you are using an external RAID controller for your system or the one embedded on your mainboard? If so, please provide me with the model of it.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
Vka1
Beginner

How do I find out what is the motherboard model without actually opening the server. I have only RDC connection to the server.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Vicorka.

Thank you very much for your reply.

For you to get that information please download the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25293/eng/SSU.exe Intel® System Support Utility and check the .txt file that the software will generate. Please attach that file to this thread as well.

To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
Vka1
Beginner

File is attached

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Vicorka.

Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided.

I can see that your Motherboard (https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/xeon/c600/x10drl-i.cfm Supermicro X10DRL-i) will only support our Intel® Rapid Technology enterprise software, as a result, allow me to move this thread to the correct department in order to continue assisting you further.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Vicorka,

In regards to your questions since you are using a (Supermicro X10DRL-i) you can take advantage of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology for enterprise. The software will allow you to manage the raid array and monitor emerging alerts with your raid array through email alerts feature.

We always recommend getting the Intel® RSTe installation from your motherboard OEM page since it is the recommended and it has been optimize.for your system

Please bear in mind that the external links here are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

You can check for the latest version of Intel® RSTe from your OEM by clicking https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/results.cfm here

Please check the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/g40440_005_rste_swug_r1_5.pdf Intel® RSTe user manual in order to check for the features that the software comes with and how to setup a raid

Best Regards

Luis H

0 Kudos
Vka1
Beginner

went as you recommended and downloaded the @Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise Driver Files Version: 5.0.0.2192

however there are no any soft, just drivers.

I have already raid working on the server. I need a software which would allow me time on time check the raid status. Best options would be a function to set email alert when one of the disk fails.
0 Kudos
LNava3
Beginner

If you set up the RAID array using RSTe, then the RSTe UI is the way to go. The UI is on the Supermicro download site but frequently mislabeled. In the case of your motherboard, it appears to be one of the "Intel Utility" downloads. (I had the same problem with mine...I found the zip file that has IATA_CD.exe and it installs the UI and drivers.)

BTW, the RSTe UI / service has e-mail capability but if I recall its limited (I believe you can't specify a mail server password so you need an open SMTP relay to use it).

If you set up the RAID array using some other means (ie, Windows Disk Management, etc), then you would have to use something else.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Vicorka,

We are following on your community post since we haven't received further reply from you.

Please let us know if you require further assistance

Best Regards

Luis H
0 Kudos
Vka1
Beginner

got it work, thanks everyone for help

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Vicorka,

We are glad to hear that you were able to install the software properly