Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
322 Discussions

Setting up PCIe RAID 1 in Optane, can't select volume type

AK1221
Beginner

I'm looking to setup a workstation with mirrored drives. I am using Optane Memory and Storage management to setup this. It detects that my controller is PCIe, but all of the options under "Select volume type:" are greyed out. What typically causes this? The drive I'm looking to mirror to is larger than the original drive, and I've made the recommended changes in the BIOS. 

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, AK1221.

Thank you for posting on the Intel community Support Forums.

I received your RAID related case, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Please provide us with the following:

1. Full system report using the Intel SSU:

- Download: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

- Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

- To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

2. RST driver version installed (visible in the "About" section of the tool).

I will follow up on August 2nd in case additional time is required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, AK1221.

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if you had any questions regarding my previous message or in case we can help you with anything else.

I will follow up again on August 5th before closing the thread in case additional time is required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, AK1221.

This message is to inform you about the thread closure.

I previously tried to obtain more information about the system and current configuration to properly diagnose the situation, but there was no response after trying to follow up.

The thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread or contact us via any of the available support methods.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos