Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan. (DSL) Uninstall, Reinstall did not fix.

Ben_T
Beginner

Sorry I am not sure which board to post this on.

I have been getting "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan.". I have uninstalled and reinstalled DLS.

Using Windows 10 Pro.

Files are attached. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Ben_T,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us the below information:

1. Can you please attach a picture of the error message?
  2. Which browser are you using to complete the scanning process?

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ben_T
Beginner

I am using Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit), however I get the same error on the latest version of MS Edge.

The two files requested are attached

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please do the following:

1. Open TaskManager and kill (End task) the DSAService, DSAUpdateService and Intel Driver & Support Assistant Tray services.
  2. Create a ZIP file containing the contents of folder C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\Logs.
  3. Attach this ZIP file to a response post. Drag the file from File Manager to the stop below the edit box where it says Drag and drop here or browse files to attach.

...S

0 Kudos
Ben_T
Beginner
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

HelloBen_T,

Thank you for the response.

There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.

With the reports, I noticed that you are using a Lenovo system, keep in mind that the Intel* DSA will scan your system but just based on our generic drivers.

I undertsand that you already uninstall the DSA, but can you please try to follow the below steps? just to make sure that it was properly uninstalled.

Uninstall the existing Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA) from Apps and Features:

1. Click Start.
  2. Open Control Panel.
  3. Select Programs.
  4. Select Programs and Features.
  5. From the list that displays, click Intel Driver & Support Assistant.
  6. Click Uninstall.
  7. A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program.
  8. Uninstall the existing Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) tool in the system using the Uninstaller tool. 
  9. Download and install the latest Intel® DSA version (20.9.36.10)

In case the problem appears again, please provide the Intel Driver & Support Assistant logs? In order to get them, please follow these instructions: 

Press Windows key + E (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination). 

Click on "This PC." 

Look for: Disk C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or the entire folder.

Note: In case you do not see the "ProgramData" folder click on the upper tab "View" and check the box "Hidden items".

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Ben_T
Beginner

Hello.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, but I did it again with the same results.   I have already sent the files you requested. 

I understand the generic vs OEM driver issue, however DSL appears to have been installed by Lenovo. I will check their drivers but I am not sure why DSL is on the system, and why it's telling me there is an update. 

Can you tell from the data I sent in if I have your generic drivers?

I am not sure how to proceed on this. 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Ben_T,

Thank you for your response.

I will check this case internally, to provide you the most accurate information and support. I'll post back on this thread as soon as I have any updates.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Ben_T,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

We are currently checking this, however, according to the developer's team, there's not enough information in the logs to fully diagnose the problem.

Can you please confirm the below information?

1) Please scan the system again (no need to uninstall) and resend new logs.

2) By any chance, is there anything blocking the localhost (or 127.0.0.1)?

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Ben_T,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Ben_T,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos