Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!

VROC 7.7 installation failed

DrKarol
Beginner

I attempted to upgrade VROC drivers from verion 6.3 to the latest 7.7 on a Windows 11 Pro 22H2 workstation.  However, the Intel installer failed.  The only result I have are the two attached log files.  Anyone has any help on this issue?

/Karol

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, DrKarol.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forum.

I received your ticket regarding the installation of the Intel VROC driver, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Please let me know the following:

1. What VROC driver package are you trying to install? is it from the Intel website or the system manufacturer's website?

- Share the link to confirm.

2. What is the exact model of the motherboard or system where you are trying to install it?

3. Have you tried to contact the system manufacturer or use the drivers provided by them?

- The system manufacturer should always be the first point of contact as they do a lot of work to implement and customize VROC on their own platforms, and the drivers are to be provided by them.

I will follow up March 20th in case additional time is required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DrKarol
Beginner

Hello Bruce,

first, answers to your questions:

1. VROC driver downloaded from Intel: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19126/intel-virtual-raid-on-cpu-intel-vroc-and-intel-rapid-storage-technology-enterprise-intel-rste-windows-driver-for-intel-server-boards-and-systems-based-on-intel-62x-chipset.html

2. My motherboard is ASUS WS C422 PRO/SE

3. Previously, Intel drivers used to work without issues.  Currently, Asus provides only very old drivers version 6.3.0.1031.  I can try to ask their support for newer drivers.

Then, I looked at the logs, and the error message is about a missing file.  Perhaps, there is something wrong with the installer.

Best regards,

Karol

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, DrKarol.

Thank you for the information.

As you can see, the drivers from our site are for Intel Servers, and we recommend to work with the drivers provided by the manufacturer for their specific platforms.

After checking the ASUS site, I can confirm what you mentioned, about the latest driver version for that motherboard being VROC 6.3 under the Windows 10 drivers.

With this being a 5~6 years old platform it is likely that new drivers for it will not be released, but you can still contact them directly to check if there is a driver they can provide.

Additionally, do you know what the preOS VROC version is? Check the system BIOS and confirm what the installed version is (you can also check this in the VROC GUI).

I will follow up March 22nd in case additional time is required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
DrKarol
Beginner

Hello Bruce,

the preOS version is 6.2.0.1034.  So this is even older than the Windows drivers.

I have contacted ASUS support to see if they can provide an update.  They are still providing regular BIOS updates, so they might possibly include an update of VROC, too.

Best regards,

Karol

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, DrKarol.

Good day,

Thank you for letting us know.

In that case, please continue working as it is recommended to work with the latest driver provided by the system manufacturer, and check if they can provide an update, but if that is not the case you may need to continue using the last version you were able to install, or the latest one already on their website.

The community thread will be closed right now, and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos