Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

Will IRST Enterprise scu rom 3.6.0.1023 accept and control 2 replacement SAS Enterprise hdd in Dell Precision t3600 with SATA raid 1? Device mgr shows Intel c600 sas raid (sata mode) and C600 Sata AHCI controllers

JBotk
Beginner

Will IRST Enterprise scu rom 3.6.0.1023 accept and control 2 replacement SAS Enterprise hdd in Dell Precision t3600 with SATA raid 1? Device mgr shows Intel c600 sas raid (sata mode) and C600 Sata AHCI controllers. Would like to upgrade my array as have failed drive currently. Everything I researched leads me to believe that chipset will accept sas hdd but not sure if bios setting needs to be changed or exactly what needs to be done to accept these drives. Also, cannot find anything that positively states yes will accept SAS hdd. Currently running SATA drives so will have to recable/adapt to connect SAS drives. Any help would greatly be appreciarted. Unfortunately Dell system out of warranty and cannot get Dell to answer anything. Also Dell M.B. Model is 08H-PGT bios A11. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello JoeBots

We are sorry for the delay in our response

We are glad to inform you that in our investigation we have determined that you should be able to replace the faulty drives with the SAS drives and the raid should be able to rebuild with no issues, just make sure to add new drives in to the raid configuration on Intel® RSTe

Best Regards

Luis H
0 Kudos