Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

how can i know the right sata drivers for my dell latitude d600?

rbita
Beginner

please i want help.i am tryng to install windows xp on my dell latitude d600 but it can not load my hard disk driver so i want to download the right sata drives to combine it with windows xp,but i can not know the right drives to download so can you nhelp me please.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. On second thought, if I'm recollecting correctly, the IDE drivers are included in Windows XP installation CD. Are you using Windows XP installation CD?
  2. Your problem may be caused because in BIOS, the SATA mode is set to other mode than IDE. See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi-JsNxeoxU . Could be that in order to enter Bios you need to press other than F2 key (could be F10)?
  3. I suggest you to ask Dell Support how to solve this problem.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

You don't need SATA drivers since your Laptop has IDE/EIDE interface (rather than SATA). The IDE/EIDE drivers you can download here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/il/en/ilbsdt1/product-support/product/latitude-d600/drivers . You will find four different drivers. You need download driver relevant to the HDD manufacture.

Leon

0 Kudos
rbita
Beginner
thanks for your help but in fact i tried this solution by downloading the fujitsu hard drive ide driver(i do not know if it is the right choice)but when loading files while installing windows xp it asks to press F6 to load drivers from a floppy disk but my laptop does not have a floppy disk so what is the solution.please help
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. First, you should download the right driver for your HDD. You may see the HDD model in BIOS settings.
  2. Next, you can click on the down arrow (right to the Download) and then on Other formats. For example if you have Fujitsu drive, please download the R64893.EXE archive. Now using 7Z archive utility (or similar), extract files from the R64893.EXE archive. You may copy those driver files to USB stick.

Leon

0 Kudos
rbita
Beginner
ok thanks for help man but i still have a little issue that is windows xp installarion load driver from floppy disk and not usb and my laptop does not support fllopy disk drive so how can i load drivers from usb??
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. On second thought, if I'm recollecting correctly, the IDE drivers are included in Windows XP installation CD. Are you using Windows XP installation CD?
  2. Your problem may be caused because in BIOS, the SATA mode is set to other mode than IDE. See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi-JsNxeoxU . Could be that in order to enter Bios you need to press other than F2 key (could be F10)?
  3. I suggest you to ask Dell Support how to solve this problem.

Leon

0 Kudos