Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!

mvs91xx.sys fault

Vegan
New Contributor I

I have a Marvell 9213 SATA card that also has a JMicron SATA port expander. The card has 8-ports for SATA disks.

It seems that Intel software crashes with this card and the Marvell driver. I have also noted that it does not like ASmedia drivers either.

The Windows standard drivers do not support SATA port expanders so they not compliant with the ATA standard.

I suggest that Intel might want to rethink how it enumerates disks that does not spawn errors etc. I can do this using the provided Windows enumeration API.

Crystal Disk Report can read the IDENT for storage and it does not have the problems that Intel does.

https://hardcoregames.video.blog/2020/09/28/scsiport-sys-bsod-fixed/

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Vegan,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with Marvell* 9213 SATA card. If we infer correctly, we advise you to contact the PCIe Card manufacturer to get further assistance related to this product compatibility, drivers, and setup.

We will proceed to close this inquiry now since it is related to a 3rd party hardware.

If you need assistance with a specific Intel® product, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Vegan,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with Marvell* 9213 SATA card. If we infer correctly, we advise you to contact the PCIe Card manufacturer to get further assistance related to this product compatibility, drivers, and setup.

We will proceed to close this inquiry now since it is related to a 3rd party hardware.

If you need assistance with a specific Intel® product, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

0 Kudos