Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.

Killer NIC driver update issues

Reaper0983
New Contributor I

So the update utility is telling me to update my killer NIC software which ive done 6 times clean installed everytime and it still showing as needing to update.  I verified the driver versions and software version installed and they are indeed up to date.   I believe there is a glitch in the update utility..  Can anyone else verify this?

14 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Reaper0983,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I am really sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the Killer NIC.

We will check this issue and kindly give us 1 to 2 business days to provide an update.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Reaper0983
New Contributor I

Thank you Michael.  The issue has been resolved.  I am assuming on your end.  So thank you for looking into it.   

0 Kudos
Reaper0983
New Contributor I

I forgot to add something to my original post.  The download app priorities function no longer works it errors out.  I'm assuming because intel took over the servers and the address or location has changed but wasnt changed in the app itself.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Reaper0983,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Can you send pictures of the notification?

2. Are you receiving the notification from the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?

3. Are you receiving the notification from the Intel® Killer™ Control Center?

4. Do you have a specific Intel® Killer™ product or is it only the Ethernet port (RJ45)?

5. Do you have another issue related to the Intel® Killer™ product besides the notification?

6. Can you take pictures of the errors that you mentioned?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Reaper0983, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Reaper0983
New Contributor I

this is the error I'm referring tooCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Reaper0983, 

Have you tried a clean installation of the software?

If you have not, here the steps:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/ethernet-products.html

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Reaper0983,  

Were you able to check the previous post and try the recommendation? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Reaper0983
New Contributor I

i tried that multiple times its still saying error downloading try again later like it can't get the info from the server

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Reaper0983, 

I would like you to try a clean installation of the tool (with the previous steps provided), but in this case please check the following:

- Make sure that the path was cleared properly:

1. C:\Program Files\Killer Networking\Killer Control Center\

There will be a file named "user.xml" there. 

2. Make sure that after uninstalling the tool, this file (user.xml) is also uninstalled.

3. If the user.xml still appears, proceed to manually delete it.

4. Once, and only once the user.xml is deleted, proceed to reinstall the tool.

- Steps for clean installation:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/ethernet-products.html

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Reaper0983,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Reaper0983,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
EJG
Novice

I am having this same issue that the killer Control Center app is displaying a error message "There is a error during download. Please try again later" when trying to "Download the latest App priorities" from the settings menu.

I have the latest Killer Control Center app 2.4.3337.0 and  latest Killer Performance drivers suite version 2.4.1549 installed for both  wireless and ethernet.

I already  performed all of the clean uninstall and re-install options that was provided in this thread multiple times and still get that error message after re-installing.

I have the Killer E2500 Gigabit ethernet controller killer driver  version 10.47.121.2021 and

Killer WIFI6 AX1650i 160MHZ wireless Network Adaptor killer driver version 22.40.0.7. installed.

It's not clear if the member that opened this tread resolved their issue, since they did not respond  to confirm.  

Anything else that can be done to resolve this?

EJG_0-1624989062975.png

0 Kudos
Reaper0983
New Contributor I

did everything you requested still receiving the same error trying to update app priorities.  just going to ignore it for now 

0 Kudos