Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion around monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform monitoring
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Processorfamily and MSRs list

Fadel
Beginner

Dear All,

I would like to know if you can help me to know the micro-architecture family used by my pc and the list of suitable msrs.

The output of the command cpuid -1 -l 01H :

Fadel_0-1605447783616.png

Can you confirm that the DisplayFamily_DisplayModel is 06_0F ?  if yes,  what is the processor family and the msrs list ?

Thank you for your time ..

Regards,

Fadel A.

Fadel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
McCalpinJohn
Black Belt

It looks like you have interpreted the DisplayFamily_DisplayModel correctly.

The lists of MSRs for all (?) Intel processors is contained in the Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manual Volume 4 (document 335592, revision 072).  This manual (and its relatives) can be found at https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-sdm.html

Family 06, Extended Model 3C is based on a Haswell core -- either a "4th generation Core" processor or a "Xeon E3-1200 v3".  MSRs are listed in Table 2-13 of the SWDM Volume 4.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
McCalpinJohn
Black Belt

It looks like you have interpreted the DisplayFamily_DisplayModel correctly.

The lists of MSRs for all (?) Intel processors is contained in the Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manual Volume 4 (document 335592, revision 072).  This manual (and its relatives) can be found at https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-sdm.html

Family 06, Extended Model 3C is based on a Haswell core -- either a "4th generation Core" processor or a "Xeon E3-1200 v3".  MSRs are listed in Table 2-13 of the SWDM Volume 4.

View solution in original post