cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated life remaining

ALodi
New Contributor

After more than three years my 530 240 GB SSD has degraded with 3 %, so the new estimated life remaining is 97 %. I feel this is a wonderful proof of Intel's reliability.

But at which point would it be wise for me to change to a new SSD? I would like to get thoughts from professionals as well as ordinary PC user.

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi altitune,

Thanks for the response. Based on the information you shared, we can see that the disk has written 39TB already, take into consideration that this is a 240GB capacity SSD.The media wear-out indicator is barely decreasing, after knowing the amount of data that the disk has written.This is a three years old drive (According to the day it was manufactured), so if your workload is home use, it could be possible that there is a program writing a lot amount of data over all this time.Regards,Nestor C

ALodi
New Contributor

Interesting. How do I check if there is a program that is writing constantly in the background?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi altitune,

You could check the "program and features" option for the control panel and verify which ones you use and which programs you don't.

We don't have a program that we can recommend to install and check that specific situation, as we previously mentioned, this could be the situation of the amount of host writes in your drive.

Regards,

Nestor C