cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel DC P3700 (2TB) SSD - firmware support for Dell OEM Part.

wiggly1
New Contributor

I'm trying to source irmfuu_7.0.2_win32.exe in order to troubleshoot a problem with my Intel DC P3700 (2TB) SSD. It's a Dell OEM part and not compatible with any other Intel tools for firmware management. Extensive online research suggests that IRMFUU is the only tool that will work with it (for upgrading firmware) and version 7.0.2 seems to be the one I need (unless somebody knows better).

An Intel PDF detailing the firmware I'm looking for (DP05) can be viewed here...

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/solid-state-drives/Intel_SSDDCP3700_P3600_... 

Can anyone please help? Many thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

wiggly1
New Contributor

Never mind, I found the software in the end and it still got me nowhere...

C:\DELL>irmfuu_7.0.2_win32.exe load -force -intelssd 2

Updating firmware...

======================================
F A I L E D
======================================

Hello, @wiggly1.

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

We received your thread regarding the P3700 Series firmware update and the disable logical state, I will be glad to assist you.

As you may already know, a drive cannot be recovered once it enters that state, and the best option is to proceed with the replacement of the unit.

Seeing that you have found the solution, I wanted to know if there is anything else we can try to assist you with, otherwise I will proceed to close the thread on December 17th or we can schedule a different date to follow up in case additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

I appreciate the quick and helpful reply. Having researched my issue online I read that a firmware update can sometimes fix the 'disable logical state' issue and restore normal operation. I was pinning my hopes on that being the solution for me as it's quicker and more convenient than an RMA. Unfortunately, the drive will not accept the firmware update so it would seem that my options are narrowing.

The drive is covered by a five year warranty, as detailed in this Intel document...

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000006281/memory-and-storage/data-center-... 

The failure of the drive may be related to issues with the 8DV1DP01 firmware. The release notes in the following document list fixes provided by newer 8DV1DP05 firmware, including a fix for drives potentially going into a failure state. Sadly, fixing the drive with a a firmware update after failure seems to be impossible.

Source:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/solid-state-drives/Intel_SSDDCP3700_P3600_... 

I did try entering the serial number into the Intel Warranty status checker and it couldn't find any results. Perhaps you could deal with the matter directly since I'm not sure how to proceed at this point.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

@BrusC_Intel

I've tried every identifier on the drive label and I still can't get it recognised on the Intel warranty checker, nor is it found on Dell's website. Since I can get no further with the drive I'd be very grateful if you could help me towards a resolution.