cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 600p jams system

KEise
New Contributor

My Thinkpad T460s uses a Intel SSD 600P Series NVMe M.2 stick.

Since yesterday the stick causes the initialization of the laptop to be

Very slow. To reach the first BIOS string output it takes around 5 minutes. When removing the NVMe stick I can enter BIOS setup as normal.

It feels like the NVMe stick causes the system to jam. Maybe interrupting the CPU or causing DMA on the PCIe bus.

I also tried to boot the NVMe stick inside a Gigabyte BRIX, however while the BIOS screen appears faster entering BIOS menue is not possible because the system hangs again (maybe it continues but very slow)

Is there a possibility to get the NVMe stick working again? What can be the reason for the failure? I cannot update the firmware or examine the NVMe device because a inserted stick jams the system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III

Hi KEise,

Greetings from Intel® SSD Support Group.

Please accept our apologies for our belated reply, we needed to investigate about your inquiry; today, we can share the following details with you

In order to provide information not available to the general public, such as datasheets or other proprietary information, it’s mandatory to be under the privileges of a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) signed by your company with Intel®, meaning this information can’t be shared by you or your employees outside your organization. Might you have already signed a NDA with Intel®, please let us know.

In regard the possibility of wiring the NAND chips removed from a SSD, to a FPGA; this is not validated, nor supported or encouraged by Intel®.

On a previous post, we have requested from you, the markings of the failed SSD; if you have them, please send them to us.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a nice day.

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

KEise
New Contributor

Intel: The NAND chips used on the 600p stick's are labled 29f01t2ancmg2 . Is it possible to get the datasheet of this chips? I can wire them to an FPGA and try readout that way.

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III

Hi KEise,

Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD support group with your request for assistance with your Intel® SSD 600P Series.

We have reviewed all interactions on your community post and read the amazing contributions from the experts and it indeed looks the drive its bricked.

There are no possibilities from Intel®, to recover the data stored on the failed SSD; there might be some services offered on the web; we haven’t tested or confirmed the effectiveness of such services.

Might you want our cooperation to verify if it’s possible to start the process for a warranty claim, we can request our warranty team to confirm unit’s warranty status; therefore, before making any further diagnostics, we will require your cooperation, so please send us the markings of your SSD as detailed in the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025532/memory-and-storage.html

Please let us know if you might need further assistance.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III

Hi KEise,

Please accept our apologies for our belated reply, we needed to investigate about your inquiry; today, we can share the following details with you

In order to provide information not available to the general public, such as datasheets or other proprietary information, it’s mandatory to be under the privileges of a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) signed by your company with Intel®, meaning this information can’t be shared by you or your employees outside your organization. Might you have already signed a NDA with Intel®, please let us know.

In regard the possibility of wiring the NAND chips removed from a SSD, to a FPGA; this is not validated, nor supported or encouraged by Intel®.

On a previous post, we have requested from you, the markings of the failed SSD; if you have them, please send them to us.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a nice day.

Santiago A.

Marking is Intel SSD 600P Series:

SN: BTPY65050Q6A512F

WWN : 55CD2E414D93DD4D

Model: SSDPEKKW512G7

SA: J25627-101

PBA: H87797-101

My company has a NDA with Intel, maybe you can send an offline email to me to discuss.

Having the datasheet will let me decide weather I have a chance to recover. If the protocol

is ONFI I can read it.

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III

Hi KEise,

Thank you for your reply.

You will receive an email from our advanced technical support.

Have a nice day.

Santiago A.