Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Твердотельный накопитель Intel® DC серии S3500

Vsevolod
New Contributor

Случайное чтение (участок 100%)  75000 IOPS

Задержка - чтение  50 µs

Выглядит несколько противоречиво. Чтение раз в 50 микросекунд должно бы давать  20000 IOPS...

8 REPLIES 8

Hello n_scott_pearson,

Thank you for your reply.

To answer your question: 

About how new or how old the RST/RSTe version needs to be or if it works in all the OS. 

- It depends on the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). In other words, the motherboard manufacturer can include, limit, or add features to the software solution and select the compatible OS as well.

As far as I can see, all the software (GUI) versions available in our download center have the option to extract the System Reports Logs by following the instructions on the article.

Please take into consideration that if you experience an issue with RST or RSTe, you need to extract these logs immediately since it does not save the reason for the failure on the records once it is solved or when the RAID array is rebuilding.

The RST software nor the RSTe software have a built-in feature to extract the SMART logs from the SSDs. 

You need to review the System Reports Logs to be able to identify the drive that is bad or presenting an abnormal condition to be able to remove it from the RAID array and to extract the SMART logs.

The tools recommended for this purpose are the following:

- The Intel® Memory and Storage Tool CLI (Command-Line Interface) https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29917/Intel-Memory-and-Storage-Tool-CLI-Command-Line-Inter...

This tool is compatible with multiple Windows* and Linux OS, Windows 8* is compatible with it, but Windows 7* is not listed as a compatible OS.

- The Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox (for consumer SSDs):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29723/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox

This tool is compatible with Windows 7* and many other OS, but The Intel® SSD Toolbox has reached End of Life and will no longer be updated (read more here), meaning that it will work just with older SSDs.

- The Intel® SSD Data Center Tool (Intel® SSD DCT):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29720?v=t

This tool will work with the data center SSDs and is compatible with Windows 7* and many other OS. The Intel® SSD Data Center Tool has reached End of Life and will no longer be updated; you can read more here, meaning that it is in the same status that Toolbox, and it will work just with older SSDs.

- In case you are using a 3rd party storage device, our recommendation is like the previous shared steps:

1-Extract and review the System Reports Logs.

2- Remove the drive that is misbehaving from the RAID array.

3- Download and use the tool provided by the SSD or HDD manufacturer to extract the SMART logs.

We hope you find this information helpful and do not hesitate to reply in case you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

Hello n_scott_pearson,

We were reviewing this community thread, and we would like to know if you were able to check our previous post and if you need further assistance related to your RST/RSTe configuration.

Have a nice day.

Best regards.

Josh B.

Hi Josh,

I am good with you closing this conversation.

I have some specific feedback for the RST team regarding a couple of bugs I can see in the GUI. I will send this to you separately via PM and you can pass it along to the RST team.

...S

Hello n_scott_pearson,

Thank you for your reply,

As per your consent, we will close this community thread. If you need further assistance related to an Intel® product, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Josh B.