cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.2 TB Intel SSD 750 Series trouble

BHalt1
New Contributor II

My PC has been operating properly now for several months with no issues. However, all of a sudden now my motherboard seemingly does not find the Intel 750 SSD on a cold boot. Strangely enough when I remove the SSD from the PCIe slot and place it back, the computer boots into windows (installed on the Intel 750 SSD). This happens every time. In fact, if I let the PC go to sleep, it happens then too. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the SSD? I have gone through and checked/updated all drivers for the SSD and the computer/operating system/SSD seem to work just fine once I remove the SSD and replace it then boot... This is very strange and I am completely lost here. Again, I have only had the hard drive for a few months and I love it, but I need to find out what is causing this issue. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Computer Specs:

Intel 6700K

ASUS Z170 Deluxe

GTX 1080

Intel 750 1.2 TB

3440 x 1440 Predator w/g-sync

ASUS AC1900 Network Adapter

Thermaltake Pacific RL360 RGB Water Cooling Kit

32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz DDR4 RAM

3 - Samsung 950 Pro 256 GB SSD

1 - 1 TB WD 7200 RPM HDD

49 REPLIES 49

SChaa
New Contributor II

I have the same probleme with Asus mother board Z170 gaming pro. (Intel M2 SSD 530 series 240 Go). disappointed....

Os: Win7 64bit sp1 (More problemes with win 10, "catastrophic result")

Intel SSD 530 Serie 240Go (M) (Latest pilot with Intel drive update utility/ and Intel solid state drive toolbox)

Mother board: ASUS z170 GAMING/ Aura.

Chipset: Intel 100 Serie/C230 Chipset family sata AHCI controller.

Processor: Intel CORE I7-6700 CPU.

GPU: Asus strix GTX 1070.

Bios latest version update from the official site Asus (Asus support said that the are no probléme of compatibilitie between this new génération of mother board and the intel SSD).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello christianklein & Amiralsed,

Have you tried the suggestions provided already?

This situation seems to be related to a timing problem, so disabling fast boot (On BIOS) or under Windows* (Control Panel > Power Options > "Choose what the power buttons do" > "Change settings that are currently unavailable." > Under "Shutdown settings", uncheck "Turn on fast startup") will help on the resolution of this.

Also please let us know the BIOS is updated and make sure to have the latest NVMe* drivers installed, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26451/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Family-for-NVMe-Drivers found in this link.

We will be waiting for your responses.

Regards,

NC

CKlei2
New Contributor

My OS in on the drive, I cant get to the control panel!!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Christianklein,

Thanks for your response. Since your SSD is no longer able to boot up the OS, can you confirm if the BIOS option for "fast boot" is disabled?We also have another /thread/109524 thread about this same situation, so we will be using this one only, for your reference.In your case, since the drive is no longer detected by the BIOS, do you by any chance have any other U.2 SSD to try? Or, do you have any other system where to test this SSD?What happens if you unplug the SSD and put it back in and power on the system? (Let us know if it recognizes again)Have you tried to power cycle your computer? (Power off the system, unplug the power cable and press + hold the power button for at least 20 seconds).We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC

CKlei2
New Contributor

Yep, Fast Boot is disabled.

No I don't have another $800.00 drive just sitting around.

No I don't have another $400.00 mother board just sitting around.

I've tried:

Reloading BIOS

Resitting CMOS

New power cable to ssd

Pulling the GPU

Diskpart, did not see the drive

Unplugging the power cord for 10 min

Power cycle the computer

I've even tried fairy dust.