cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.2TB DC P3520 or SSD 750 PCIe for Time Series Database

AAndr291
New Contributor

Gents,

i would like your recommendation which card to buy.

I would like to use the drive for testing Scylla DB , Dalmatiner DB,Cassandra and others with Time Series data of about 600GB to 1TB where I write steadily about 10GB/day but all the time read like hell randomly all over the collected Data.

Thanks for your feedback.

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello S3gezi,

We understand you would like to get a drive for time series database. For the two models you provided in the thread, we suggest you to get one of the Intel® SSD Data Center Family, if you need more information please go to the following https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/solid-state-drives/data-center-family.html link.Additional to that link, if you need specs of which drive to buy, please http://ark.intel.com/# @SolidStateDrives click here.Any other question please let us know.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello S3gezi,

We are following up the thread and we would like to know if you have any other questions. We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC

AAndr291
New Contributor

Thanks for the Feedback, but just saying take the Datacenter one without any explanatory statement is not enough for me.

Above I said I write about 10GB wich is not much. 10 x 250 Businessdays = 2.5TB year times 5 years means we are talking about 10TB writes in Lifetime.

A Datacenter one would not really been affected by this neither the SSD750 DC P3520 1480TBWSSD750 219 TBW

I mentioned that I have massive reads so comparing only the benchmark specs I can see

DC P3520 1700MB/s

SSD750 2400MB/s

Shure the DC is the more robust one, but I just need raw speed. Could you explain me why should I go with the DC?

Additional Question: Can I do a Raid 0 with either of these Cards using CentOS?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello S3gezi,

In order to provide you a better answer about this request, we would like to let you know that we recommended the data center drives due to the following:-High Endurance Technology (HET): High Endurance Technology (HET) in SSD's combines Intel® NAND Flash Memory silicon enhancements and SSD system management techniques to help extend the endurance of the SSD. Endurance is defined as the amount of data that can be written to an SSD during its lifetime.-End-to-End Data Protection: End-to-End Data Protection ensures integrity of stored data from the computer to the SSD and back.-Endurance Rating (Lifetime Writes): Endurance rating indicates the expected data storage cycles to be expected over the life of the device.http://ark.intel.com/compare/80992,86739,80994 Here is a comparison between the Intel® SSD DC P3600 and the Intel® SSD 750, in there you will be able to see the differences in Read/Writes.About RAID 0, you should be able to create the RAID with these drives.Let us know if you need anything else.Regards,NC