cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.8" SSD compatibility

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if the Intel 1.8" SSDs (SSDSA1MH160G201) are compatible and fit into HP2540Ps that use the 1.8" inch drive space?

Thanks in advance.

David

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

thanks Pub, first hand information helps.

I also have a 2530P, like it so much that I'm selling it and buying a 2540P. Glad to know I shouldn't have installation issues.

How do you like your SSD? Any special likes/dislikes? I assume you saw a dramatic speed increase. I plan on using

Intel's SSD Toolbox, do you use that?

David

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You're wellcome.

The drive is amazing. The overall speed is incredible in comparison with the built-in drive of the laptop. I'm using Windows 7 Pro x64, and for that I don't need use the SSD Toolbox. My only advice is "never try use the actual Intel drivers" (RST 9.6). When I tried use it, the Win7 not booted up again. In the last attempt I had to reinstall all the operating system because even uninstalling it, Windows begans to have a lot of strange troubles.

Put you bios to AHCI mode and trust in the built-in Win7 drives with TRIM support. You'll don't have any troubles.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

thanks for the warning Pub. I'm using Win 7 64 bit also. The drive I'm going to clone to the SSD has Intel Storage Mgr 8.6. I guess I should take that off of the machine before I set up the SSD and just let Win 7 take care of Trim and things instead of using Toolbox.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I would still use the Intel AHCI drivers for optimal performance. They do support TRIM.

The SSD Toolbox is not needed for garbage collection or optimization. However, it does provide other useful tools.