cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120 GB Packaging

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi All,

I purchased from a very large authorized internet retailer, and I just received my SSDSA2MH120G2K5 RT today, and I have a question for owners of Intel SSDs. One end of the box came with a label over it, from Intel, esentially sealing that end. The other end did not have a seal on it. It could be opened without braking any plastic or security stickers. Is this normal, or did I get a returned / repackaged drive?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If you're worried... you can always check the SMART attributions and check the "Power-On Hours Count".

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Is there any way that information can be reset by an end user?

Also, was your drive packaged the same way as mine (if you bought one at retail)?

Thanks!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It is normal so you dont have to worry. One sticker to the one side and one side is free of sticker.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The SSD itself should be in a tamper-evident bag. The sticker seal, which is an ESD warning IIRC, will show pretty obvious signs if it has been opened.

The SMART reported power-on-hours should only be relied on if the bag is opened (in which case you have every right to question the retailer) or if buying second-hand. FWIW, I purchased an X25-V about 3 months ago and it had 30 hours on the clock; a QC test candidate, perhaps.