cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120G 540S SSD corrupted, but Smart ID5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct and 232 Available_Reservd_Space always 0

JWang111
New Contributor

Hi,

My SSD's life seems end, I used it in Ubuntu and monitored its status by smartctl command, once I found the files could not be written on it, I thought its life was end and also used the Toolbox to confirm.

But during its lifetime, I found that some smart attributes that could indicate a SSD's failure were always 0, that's weird.

I googled a lot and found many people got these values, and people said these values are really crucial. Are these values available in 540S? Screenshots here:

Regards,

Jackie Wang.

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello JackieWang,

Thanks for your reply. We need to verify the following:- Is the same S.M.A.R.T. attributes behavior present in all your Intel SSD 540s, or is it limited to the unit currently installed?- When you tested the drive on Linux* operating systems (Ubuntu* and CentOS*), was it done on the same computer model (HP Pro 3380 MT*)?- Did you secure erase the drive? If so, what where the results?Best regards,Eugenio F.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Jackie Wang,

We haven't heard from you in the last few days. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.Best regards,Eugenio F.

Hi,

I'm in touch with Intel SSD customer support, still waiting for the reply.

Will close this ticket.

Regards

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello JackieWang,

Thanks for your reply.It is good to know customer support is assisting you with this situation.Best regards,Eugenio F.