Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddiam1
Beginner

120gb 330 x2 raid0 performance question

Not that this is a complaint of any sort, more of a curiosity.

After updating chipset and IRST,

My first HDtune bencmark averaged 1050: a nearly absolute horizontal line across the entire chart. It started initially at about 900, then after 1 or two seconds, ramped up to 1050 and stayed there for the duration.

After picking my jaw up off the floor, some months have passed, and some light use, i can't seem to achieve such a high benchmark any longer

Not that this is anything to complain about at a new lower average of 900mb/s , but the first 1/2 of the now consistently lower benchmark chart produces a lower varying rate , and the last half for the most part is constant at 1050 (with one short slowdown). Repeating the test each month delivers an identical result, so i can't chalk it up to TSR or caching, and it's always slower for the first 1/2 (well, slower compared to the original bench). The original bench stood solid for a few months. I can't think of anything I changed, or did, which might be the cause.

Slowing down overtime i understand is normal? Should it start so soon?

I'm simply curious, i guess, if this is normal, or a bug in win764, or possibly some settings glitch somewhere? I've already ruled out user error of course!!!

I'm impressed beyond belief with these SSD, and would like to learn a bit more about what to expect in the future, as i will soon be torturing them fully and completely. I have 2 benchmark screenshots i could upload if my description is too confusing.

thanks in advance for any thoughts and comments.

BLoorT

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

It is possible your RAID volume is not getting the TRIM command and therefore, not being optimized. First, try to optimize the drives with the Intel® SSD Toolbox; however, this depends on the SATA controller and driver being used. Another option will be to optimize each drive separately and mounted as a secondary drive.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455

ddiam1
Beginner

this controller doesn't seem to support trim under raid0. nice idea about mounting as secondary drive..i'll have to back everything up and see if windows exploded after! lol