cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

128GB 545s unexpected drop of performance.

SAljoshin
New Contributor

We have one customer who owned 20+ PCs and NUCs with 128GB 545s SSDs. Now almost all of them (few just broke down) have unexpected drop of performance as it was described in few questions here also. My question is: will the latest February2019 FW solve the problem of we have to change them anyway? SMART is OK and all SSD 3-6 month old. Regards, Sergei

9 REPLIES 9

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II

Hi Sergei,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand your customer is reporting a performance issue with several Intel® SSD 545s Series units. Could you please share the SMART reports of these units from the Intel® SSD Toolbox (or maybe some of them) to take a look at them?

You can get the Intel® SSD Toolbox from this site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28447/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox

Regarding to the firmware version, it’s always recommended to keep the firmware up to date, so my recommendation is to update the firmware if they are not updated. Then you can keep monitoring the drives to see if there is any change in the performance, however if possible, please share here the SMART reports too.

You can only attach on single file per post, so if you have several SMART reports, please add them in a compressed file so you can attach all of them in one single post.

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

SAljoshin
New Contributor

Hello, Diego!

I didn't find a possibility to save SMART info to a file. How can I do it in SSD Toolbox?

Or everytime I should copy it manually to Word/Notepad?

But I cannot even copy it.

Sergei

Hi Sergei,

There is a button at the lower right corner called “Export”. This button will export the SMART report in a .csv file that you can then upload here (or compress them in a zip file to attach all of them in a single post).

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Hi Sergei,

Do you have any updates?

Regards,

Diego V.