cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

160 GB G2 - Toolbox v1.2 problem - Win XP - doesn't work

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello

In German look down, here in english (I try it...)

I have a X-25M G2 160 GB in my notebook. The newest firmware is ok and also the newest intel toolbox is installed on win XP.

If I start the toolbox -> "Intel SSD Management Tool" -> SSD optimize --> I always have the same error message.

(please see the attachement with the error message)

I have no backup task or something like that. I also tried to stopp all tasks (processes), but the error message don't disappear.

What can I do?

Regards

fjord

Hallo

Ich habe in mein Notebook eine X-25M G2 160 GB eingebaut.

Die neuste Firmware ist ebenfalls aufgespielt und die neuste Toolbox-Software unter Win XP installiert.Wenn ich das "Intel SSD Management Tool" aufrufe und dort die SSD optimieren will, kommt immer die gleiche Fehlermeldung, siehe Anhang.

Im Hintergrund läuft kein Backup oder ähnliches. Um sicher zu gehen, habe ich alle möglichen Tasks abgeschossen, ohne Erfolg.

Woran könnte das liegen?

Grüsse fjord
25 REPLIES 25

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

any news yet ??

I do have exactely the same problem... Windows XP 32 Bit / SP3 and Toolbox 1.2.

Bye

Rainer

PCoup1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Unfortunately not then.

I thought there was more than one other thread with this problem on the forum but there isn't. There is one other thread which I just read and a resolution wasn't found in that thread either.

The only option left is to email Intel / raise a support ticket - although as many people on this forum have found, you'll be lucky if you receive a reply.

Edit: This problem does not exist on Windows 7. Is an update possible?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, I have the same Problem with my 80GB G2-SSD

Firmware was upgraded from 02HA to 02HD before i installed my new system (mid of December).

I Toolbox at this pont wasn't available yet. But now. But the new Toolbox 1.2 doesnt work. The optimization-Tool can NOT start with following Message:

"Intel SSD Optimizer could not run due to the presence of Volume Shadow Copy Service Data. This is either due to a backup in progess or shadow Copies have been enabled. If due to in-Progess-backup, please try again when backup is finished. If due to Shadow Copies beingenabled, you cannot run Optimizer unless Shadow Copies is disabled."

Both Services of Shadow-Copies was disabled => no work; Both Services of => no work; Diffrent values in "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" and "Volume Shadow Copy" => no work.

Sytsem: Windows XP x64 edition.

Then i have readed the actually Read.me File and ther was a Link to Microsoft for a Hotfix, only for WinXP64. I i have downloaded an installed them, but is doesnt work too!!!

So what's the Poblem? I'm confused.

There is somethimg strange with this Toolbox i think.

I hope there comes a new functionable Version soon.

System: GA-EX58-UD3R; I7-920; 2xkvr1333d3n9/2G; IntelInf 9.1.1.1020 AHCI:8.9.0.1023

BIOS: AHCI enabled

Q9550/X48-DS4 Platform works without Problems with the G2 02HA and 1.0 Toolbox

Error:

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Wow!

What a great Support from Worlds biggest Processormanufacor!

The Problem still exists!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

they may be having christmas holidays or something