cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

160 GB G2 - Toolbox v1.2 problem - Win XP - doesn't work

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello

In German look down, here in english (I try it...)

I have a X-25M G2 160 GB in my notebook. The newest firmware is ok and also the newest intel toolbox is installed on win XP.

If I start the toolbox -> "Intel SSD Management Tool" -> SSD optimize --> I always have the same error message.

(please see the attachement with the error message)

I have no backup task or something like that. I also tried to stopp all tasks (processes), but the error message don't disappear.

What can I do?

Regards

fjord

Hallo

Ich habe in mein Notebook eine X-25M G2 160 GB eingebaut.

Die neuste Firmware ist ebenfalls aufgespielt und die neuste Toolbox-Software unter Win XP installiert.Wenn ich das "Intel SSD Management Tool" aufrufe und dort die SSD optimieren will, kommt immer die gleiche Fehlermeldung, siehe Anhang.

Im Hintergrund läuft kein Backup oder ähnliches. Um sicher zu gehen, habe ich alle möglichen Tasks abgeschossen, ohne Erfolg.

Woran könnte das liegen?

Grüsse fjord
25 REPLIES 25

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Now I've got also a X25-M 80GB in my Desktop-PC. The same problem, the same error message!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

@ fjord

Which Operating System have u in use? 32 or 64 Bit?

And whats your Settings AHCI/IDE ?

Bye

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello

Here some about my desktop-pc:

Gigabyte Mainboard with Intel Q9650 LGA775

2x Samsung F1 1 TB HDD

1x Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD

newest bios

Bios-settings:

S.M.A.R.T. enabled

SATA RAID/AHCI disabled (I don't use RAID)

Onboard SATA/IDE DEVICE enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl MODE: AHCI

ACPI SUSPEND TYPE: S1(POS)

Windows XP Pro 32 bit

regards fjord

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello fjord!

This thread describes that problem, too:

/thread/9598 http://communities.intel.com/thread/9598

No solution so far (2009-Jan-08)

greetings

Thomas

PCoup1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

The only solution to this problem is to upgrade to Windows 7.

The speed that Intel release new versions or fixes to their products, you will literally be waiting months for a solution from Intel.

I think we are all suprised how many basic problems are slipping though the net with their testing and validation before releasing a product.

Customer service is non-existant. If you are waiting for someone who works for Intel to drop by this forum and help you along, it aint gonna happen.

Intel doesn't really give two flying shits about their customer relations. A while ago when nobody was getting a response to their support tickets, Jim from Intel PM'd some users asking for their nationality saying he would report what had gone on to the correct 'call centre' so "it didn't happen again" - note how he did not ask for me to tell him my problem so he could maybe try and solve it, so my problem was ultimately ignored.

The decision not to release TRIM firmware for their G1 drives is absolutely scandalous, as according to Anand it is not a hardware limitation of the G1 drives, more of Intel's 'decision'.

All it would take is somebody to visit these forums twice a day and provide some basic assistance. The closest thing we have to that seems to be Fernando which, to all his credit, but I highly doubt he works for Intel.

I think I'm done with this forum.

Good luck to everyone who has problems.