cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

160 GB G2 - Toolbox v1.2 problem - Win XP - doesn't work

Hello

In German look down, here in english (I try it...)

I have a X-25M G2 160 GB in my notebook. The newest firmware is ok and also the newest intel toolbox is installed on win XP.

If I start the toolbox -> "Intel SSD Management Tool" -> SSD optimize --> I always have the same error message.

(please see the attachement with the error message)

I have no backup task or something like that. I also tried to stopp all tasks (processes), but the error message don't disappear.

What can I do?

Regards

fjord

Hallo

Ich habe in mein Notebook eine X-25M G2 160 GB eingebaut.

Die neuste Firmware ist ebenfalls aufgespielt und die neuste Toolbox-Software unter Win XP installiert.

Wenn ich das "Intel SSD Management Tool" aufrufe und dort die SSD optimieren will, kommt immer die gleiche Fehlermeldung, siehe Anhang.

Im Hintergrund läuft kein Backup oder ähnliches. Um sicher zu gehen, habe ich alle möglichen Tasks abgeschossen, ohne Erfolg.

Woran könnte das liegen?

Grüsse fjord
0 Kudos
25 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Where is my printscreen?

Hm, so here the error message:

Intel SSD Optimizer could not run due to the presence of Volume Shader Copy Service data. Likely cause is a backup in progress. Please try again when the backup is finished.

I also tried in the "safe mode" (in german "abgesicherter Modus") but it doesn't work.

Im working with Windows XP Pro 32 bit on a HP 6830s Notebook.

SATA-Mode: IDE

PCoup1
New Contributor I

Page 43 of the guide for using the toolbox explains this problem - although that is for 64bit Win XP.

This has already been discussed on this forum though so search through the threads on the first couple of pages.

idata
Community Manager

Page 43 of the guide suggests to apply a 64-bit Windows XP hotfix which cannot be used on a 32-bit system.

idata
Community Manager

that doesn't work on a 32 bit system, I'm working with XP 32 bit

that doesn't work on a 32 bit system, I'm working with XP 32 bit

idata
Community Manager

Hello,

any news yet ??

I do have exactely the same problem... Windows XP 32 Bit / SP3 and Toolbox 1.2.

Bye

Rainer

PCoup1
New Contributor I

Unfortunately not then.

I thought there was more than one other thread with this problem on the forum but there isn't. There is one other thread which I just read and a resolution wasn't found in that thread either.

The only option left is to email Intel / raise a support ticket - although as many people on this forum have found, you'll be lucky if you receive a reply.

Edit: This problem does not exist on Windows 7. Is an update possible?

idata
Community Manager

Hello, I have the same Problem with my 80GB G2-SSD

Firmware was upgraded from 02HA to 02HD before i installed my new system (mid of December).

I Toolbox at this pont wasn't available yet. But now. But the new Toolbox 1.2 doesnt work. The optimization-Tool can NOT start with following Message:

"Intel SSD Optimizer could not run due to the presence of Volume Shadow Copy Service Data. This is either due to a backup in progess or shadow Copies have been enabled. If due to in-Progess-backup, please try again when backup is finished. If due to Shadow Copies beingenabled, you cannot run Optimizer unless Shadow Copies is disabled."

Both Services of Shadow-Copies was disabled => no work; Both Services of => no work; Diffrent values in "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" and "Volume Shadow Copy" => no work.

Sytsem: Windows XP x64 edition.

Then i have readed the actually Read.me File and ther was a Link to Microsoft for a Hotfix, only for WinXP64. I i have downloaded an installed them, but is doesnt work too!!!

So what's the Poblem? I'm confused.

There is somethimg strange with this Toolbox i think.

I hope there comes a new functionable Version soon.

System: GA-EX58-UD3R; I7-920; 2xkvr1333d3n9/2G; IntelInf 9.1.1.1020 AHCI:8.9.0.1023

BIOS: AHCI enabled

Q9550/X48-DS4 Platform works without Problems with the G2 02HA and 1.0 Toolbox

Error:

idata
Community Manager

Wow!

What a great Support from Worlds biggest Processormanufacor!

The Problem still exists!

idata
Community Manager

they may be having christmas holidays or something

idata
Community Manager

Now I've got also a X25-M 80GB in my Desktop-PC. The same problem, the same error message!

idata
Community Manager

@ fjord

Which Operating System have u in use? 32 or 64 Bit?

And whats your Settings AHCI/IDE ?

Bye

idata
Community Manager

Hello

Here some about my desktop-pc:

Gigabyte Mainboard with Intel Q9650 LGA775

2x Samsung F1 1 TB HDD

1x Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD

newest bios

Bios-settings:

S.M.A.R.T. enabled

SATA RAID/AHCI disabled (I don't use RAID)

Onboard SATA/IDE DEVICE enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl MODE: AHCI

ACPI SUSPEND TYPE: S1(POS)

Windows XP Pro 32 bit

regards fjord

idata
Community Manager

Hello fjord!

This thread describes that problem, too:

/thread/9598 http://communities.intel.com/thread/9598

No solution so far (2009-Jan-08)

greetings

Thomas

PCoup1
New Contributor I

The only solution to this problem is to upgrade to Windows 7.

The speed that Intel release new versions or fixes to their products, you will literally be waiting months for a solution from Intel.

I think we are all suprised how many basic problems are slipping though the net with their testing and validation before releasing a product.

Customer service is non-existant. If you are waiting for someone who works for Intel to drop by this forum and help you along, it aint gonna happen.

Intel doesn't really give two flying shits about their customer relations. A while ago when nobody was getting a response to their support tickets, Jim from Intel PM'd some users asking for their nationality saying he would report what had gone on to the correct 'call centre' so "it didn't happen again" - note how he did not ask for me to tell him my problem so he could maybe try and solve it, so my problem was ultimately ignored.

The decision not to release TRIM firmware for their G1 drives is absolutely scandalous, as according to Anand it is not a hardware limitation of the G1 drives, more of Intel's 'decision'.

All it would take is somebody to visit these forums twice a day and provide some basic assistance. The closest thing we have to that seems to be Fernando which, to all his credit, but I highly doubt he works for Intel.

I think I'm done with this forum.

Good luck to everyone who has problems.

idata
Community Manager

hello coup

I see it like you.

I'm very disappointed about intel. The product is really good, but the support/service doesn't exist.

If I buy a next SSD I'm not sure if it's intel. I'm going to search a manufacturer with support.

TRIM and SSD G1 is another discussion... incredibly

It's a pity because the intel SSD work very fast and I love the speed.

fjord

PAckr
Novice

20th January & STILL A PROBLEM. The link to a Microsoft page that supposedly contains a hot fix for XP64 only contains a hotfix for Server 2003.

All I can say for the moment is (regrettably) AVOID THIS PRODUCT UNTIL THE TOOLBOX WORKS PROPERLY.

p.s. I want to be wrong. I want to have missed a solution that is already out there, so if I have, please tell me.

idata
Community Manager

Hi guy, I had the same error message with toolbox version 1.2. Version 1.1 works like a charm.

http://www.driversdown.com/Download.asp?ID=111935&Url=http://down1.driversdown.com/Storage/intel_ssd... http://down1.driversdown.com/Storage/intel_ssd_Toolbox_1.1.zip

Make sure you disable System Restore and the volume shadow copy services.

good luck,

Richard

idata
Community Manager

Problem still exist!

It is not possible to run the Refresh with XP-64.

The Hotfix KB942589 was installed, but doesnt work!

Is this problem comprehensible on other XP-64 and/or XP32 Systems?

System: XP-64 ENU with german Language User Interface SP2

BestCrypt is installed in Version 8 with the BC-Bus-Controller in the Device Manager. But System HDD is not crypted.

CYA

idata
Community Manager

idata
Community Manager

Thank you. This was very helpful.