cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

160 GB G2 - Toolbox v1.2 problem - Win XP - doesn't work

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello

In German look down, here in english (I try it...)

I have a X-25M G2 160 GB in my notebook. The newest firmware is ok and also the newest intel toolbox is installed on win XP.

If I start the toolbox -> "Intel SSD Management Tool" -> SSD optimize --> I always have the same error message.

(please see the attachement with the error message)

I have no backup task or something like that. I also tried to stopp all tasks (processes), but the error message don't disappear.

What can I do?

Regards

fjord

Hallo

Ich habe in mein Notebook eine X-25M G2 160 GB eingebaut.

Die neuste Firmware ist ebenfalls aufgespielt und die neuste Toolbox-Software unter Win XP installiert.Wenn ich das "Intel SSD Management Tool" aufrufe und dort die SSD optimieren will, kommt immer die gleiche Fehlermeldung, siehe Anhang.

Im Hintergrund läuft kein Backup oder ähnliches. Um sicher zu gehen, habe ich alle möglichen Tasks abgeschossen, ohne Erfolg.

Woran könnte das liegen?

Grüsse fjord
25 REPLIES 25

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Where is my printscreen?

Hm, so here the error message:

Intel SSD Optimizer could not run due to the presence of Volume Shader Copy Service data. Likely cause is a backup in progress. Please try again when the backup is finished.

I also tried in the "safe mode" (in german "abgesicherter Modus") but it doesn't work.

Im working with Windows XP Pro 32 bit on a HP 6830s Notebook.

SATA-Mode: IDE

PCoup1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Page 43 of the guide for using the toolbox explains this problem - although that is for 64bit Win XP.

This has already been discussed on this forum though so search through the threads on the first couple of pages.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Page 43 of the guide suggests to apply a 64-bit Windows XP hotfix which cannot be used on a 32-bit system.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

that doesn't work on a 32 bit system, I'm working with XP 32 bit

that doesn't work on a 32 bit system, I'm working with XP 32 bit