cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

160gb x25-m g2, WEI disk score of 5.9??

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi everyone,

First post here. I just got a new 160gb x25-m g2, successfully flashed the firmware to 02HD, and installed Win7 x64 with AHCI enabled in the BIOS. After getting everything up and running, my WEI disk score is at 5.9. I have the same crystal disk mark scores as other posts, and things "feel" snappy - but I haven't seen others complain of their WEI score. Just curious if others have experienced the same, or if anyone has suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

take another wei test while your laptop is on "high performance" power setting !!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had the same 5.9 WEI score with my new 80gB X25m g2. The drive came with 02HA and I upgraded to 02HD before using it. Perceived speed was good and other benchmarks were as expected but I was concerned other people were reporting 7.8 WEI ratings. Before installing Win7 I had created a partition with the correct offset and left 5 Gbytes unpartitioned (supposed to help with wear). During Win7 installation a 100 mbyte hidden system partition was created automatically. I suspected the problem might be related to the way I created a partition so I did a secure erase and then let win7 install automatically handling partitions. The WEI score improved to 7.7 but I don't really notice a speed improvement and other benchmarks are generally the same as before. Even if you didn't do anything like I did with the first win7 install, you might try secure erase and a fresh install if the WEI score bothers you.