Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2x 545S 1TB FW Update error 10/53

AndreBorchert
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have two Lenovo T520 notebooks and upgraded them this way:

• One notebook has a new 545S 1TB drive
  • The other has a 545S 512GB as boot drive and a 545S 1TB as a Dropbox drive.

All drives are new. The 512GB drive required a FW update which was done within Windows using the SSD Toolbox 3.5.7. The two 1TB drives refuse to accept the FW update, no matter if I use the SSD Toolbox or the SSD Firmware Update Tool ISO 3.0.5 from a USB pen.

The error in the SSD Toolbox is shown as "10/53". The error from the Firmware Update ISO is shown in the attached picture. As the same error happens on two different notebooks with brand new 1TB drives from Amazon I am worried that there is a general issue with the 545S 1TB drives. All drives run in AHCI mode, Intel Chipset driver 10.1.1.42 installed. There are no issues to use the drives, speeds are as expected.

Both 1TB drives have the FW LHF0B1C and are supposed to be updated to LHF0B2C.

Please advise how to update the FW on the 1TB drives. Both are in daily business use and I cannot replace them at this time.

Many thanks for checking,

Andre

10 REPLIES 10

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello AndreBorchert, Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® SSD 545s Series (1.024TB). If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions (this to have a better view on how your SSD is detected by the OS) • The SMART details .CSV file (SMART logs) from your Intel® SSD 540s Series. In the “IntelSolidStateDriveToolboxUserGuide.pdf” (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/IntelSolidStateDriveToo...) section 3.2 you can find the instructions on how to get this file. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Hello Josh,

all files attaced as requested.

Many thanks,

Andre

Please find attached the logs from the second notebook which has only 1x 545S 1TB drive.

And here the error message 10/53 from the SSD Toolbox, which is the same on both notebooks ..