cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

510 SSD Sudden Failure?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have an Intel 510 120GB I bought about 20 months ago. I use it primarily to house my Windows 7 install, and the occasional game.

Last night, I watched it install some Windows updates right as I turned it off and went to bed. Today, I could not boot it back up. Windows Recovery can't even see the drive, so I plugged it in to another working system and ran the SSD Toolbox on it. That showed me that the drive had 0% Estimated Life Remaining, and a Drive Health in the yellow. Under SMART Details, E8 "Available Reserved Space" is red, reading Raw 0, Normal 0, and Threshold 10, with a message saying "Contact your reseller or local Intel representative for assistance."

If I go to Quick Diagnostic Scan or Full Diagnostic Scan, the Data Integrity line reads "The selected Intel SSD has no partition."

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this? Did the Windows update somehow brick my SSD or did the drive just reach its end of life? This seems rather soon since I don't use this drive for any heavy lifting, and it hasn't even been two years since I've had the drive.

0 REPLIES 0