cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

520 Series F/W Update

diablo_692
New Contributor

Why has there been no f/w update for my 240 GB 520 Series SSD? I recently updated the SSD Toolbox to version 3.4.7, but like previous versions of the toolbox it has no f/w updates for the 520. The Toolbox still shows my device to have f/w version 400i. Is there really nothing new (bug fixes, feature updates, etc.) in the nearly 5 years that I've had this SSD?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello David V.,

We understand you would like to check why there haven't been any updates for the Intel® SSD 520 series firmware on the past releases of the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox and the latest one.To answer you, first of all, this is a legacy SSD and Intel will not be releasing any updates for it. Back in the days, there was no need based on the performance of the SSD, so that's basically the reason why we never had an update.You can check in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/000017245.html this link as well.Please let us know if you need more information about it.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello David V.,

We are wondering if you were able to read our previous post and if you need further assistance. We'll be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C

diablo_692
New Contributor

Yes, I viewed your previous post(s). Thanks for you response; I need nothing further at this time.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi David V.,

Thanks for replying back. Please do not hesitate to contact us again in case you need further assistance.Regards,Nestor C