cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

520 Series SSD - Is 400i the latest firmware?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

520 Series SSD - Is 400i the latest firmware?

12 REPLIES 12

DShar11
New Contributor II

Both of my 520's work with the Toolbox. The driver will matter, especially if you are on an X79 system.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks Dave! So the toolbox installs a driver? or firmware or both?

DShar11
New Contributor II

I have them in raid. If I use the enterprise driver I have no toolbox use at all,all blacked out.

If I use the 11 series driver than it all works for me in the toolbox. Intel still has driver issues with the toolbox on quite a few systems it seems.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well, the download page for the iso file lists all the firmware updates available, under the Detailed Description heading, all in the top section of the page as it is displayed. Also, if you checked the Release Notes or the Read Me files for the iso update software, it does list what firmware is the latest for each SSD. They are on the same page that you click the iso file download.

As others have mentioned, the Toolbox will also inform you what firmware you have and if it can be updated. The Toolbox installation program will install support software that it needs, but it doesn't install the Intel RAID/AHCI driver, which is not necessarily required.

Neither the 520 or 510 have firmware updates, although the 510 seems to have two firmware versions.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Dave,

I have justy received my system which is a

Sabertooth X79 socket 2011,

I7-3930k Processor,

32GB Quad DDR RAM,

Geforce GTX690 GPU,

520 480GB Intel SSD (Boot)

2 x Corsair Black 2TB HDD's (not RAID - 1 for User files, 1 for Backup)

I have the same problem is as much as the tool box sees the SSD, Firmware, Serial No - BUT NOT the Model No, and that Drive details and Smart Drive details are greyed out.

I've updated all the drivers on the Motherboard - but the Tool box doesn't Recognise the drive .....

Dave mentioned something about Series 11 Drivers working?

Anyone got any advice?

Kind regards

Roy