cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

530 fails full diagnostic test

BPett
New Contributor

Hi i have 2 530 240 GB SSD's and they both are failing the full diagnostic test at around 78% completion. They are both brand new and have the latest firmware.

Basic hardware:

Intel Core i7-4770

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H

Corsair CML16GX3M4A1600C9

windows 7

I have ran memtest86 on my ram for around 10 passes and 6 passes on each stick individually, so now im wondering if its just an issue with toolbox.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hi Brice, I am sorry to know about your issue.

I see that your motherboard has two SATA controllers (see Storage Interfaces in the http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4483# sp specifications).

I wonder if it is possible to test the drives in the Intel® SATA controller (Intel® Z87 Express Chipset).

I also sent you a PM.

these drives have been in slot 0 and 1 of the Intel controller since i installed them and the story holds true for both drives, test fails at around 76-78% completion on the data integrity scan.

My BIOS is the latest version as well.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Are the drives setup in a RAID volume?

Are you using Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver or Microsoft's counterpart? Using the other one may help.

Does it make a difference if you disable the Marvell controller?

no, no raid. removed IRST and all is well. Thank you for your help. I actually think windows booted faster without IRST but i may be delusional.