cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

535 240gb SSD doesn't show in BIOS, was working for months till recently, now weird trick allows me to get BIOS to see it

AGrah1
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a Intel 535 240gb SSD that was working perfectly with my Gigabyte P55A-UD4 rev2.0 motherboard till recently.

I think a drive firmware update made it so the drive no longer shows in the bios.

I've tested with different cables and ports on the motherboard - nothing works, although the drive works perfectly on another PC at my house and passes the full test in the toolbox.

This may be related to the Device Sleep DEVSLP issue possibly (addressed in firmware update tool FUT 2.0.14).

If I boot to the firmware update tool (latest version 2.1.3) it shows no drive (similar to the bios), but if I disconnect and replug the sata power on the drive while the tool is open it shows the drive perfectly all of a sudden.

If I click shutdown but quickly press ctrl-alt-del to soft reboot before it powers off, I can then boot into windows and the drive works perfectly unless I let the PC go to sleep or restart (proving the sata port/cable is fine, just this sequence of events puts the drive in a mode that is useable).

Is it possible for me to downgrade my firmware to a version that will work? (without DEVLP potentially?) FUT 2.0.14 wouldn't let me downgrade the firmware.

Hopefully this doesn't affect too many people, but could be quite a serious bug for those that it does affect - obviously an issue with this drive firmware, as I haven't updated my BIOS for a year.

Cheers,

Aaron

11 REPLIES 11

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

monkey300,

We are more than glad to assist you. Unfortunately we could not identify the logs here in communities and as of this reply we did not locate any private message from you with such information. Please let us know as soon as you can so we can provide the assistance you need.We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.Best regards,Aleki

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

monkey300,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if there is anything else we can do to assist you. We are at your disposal should you have any questions or doubts. Best regards,Aleki