cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

535 SSDSC2BW480H6 - Dies Occasionally On Motherboard

EForo
New Contributor

I have a Intel SSD 535 - SSDSC2BW480H6. It has begun to fail on my motherboard, started happening about 4 months ago. It worked fine for about a year and a half but about 4 months ago it started to not show up on my motherboard. Initially I had to install a new ssd hard drive, however it showed up on the bios screen one time. Now it goes off and on randomly. I have to do several reboots in order for it to come back on line. I did run the Intel Solid State Drive Tool box for a full diagnostic Scan but nothing failed. Just started a second scan right now. Checked for a new firmware but no update showed, so now I have the following questions:

• Are there any other settings I can check for the SSD or the motherboard to root cause this?
    • I changed out the cable and power cable.
    • I am pretty sure it is a SSD issue at this point since the other SSD is working 100%.
  • How can I start an RMA process?
  • If it is an RMA what if the issue cannot be repeated?
    • The issue is random some times it works sometimes it doesn't/

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

12 REPLIES 12

EForo
New Contributor

I have yet to complete the steps you have described but I do think the firmware update has resolved this issue. I have had my computer on for the past couple of days with out having the hard drive disconnect. I will see how it ends up by end of week.

Thanks for all the help hopefully this issue will not creep up on me again.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi eforonda,

That's great!Let's see how the drive behaves by the end of week.Regards,Diego V.

EForo
New Contributor

So unfortunately this friday the drive disappeared again. I followed the steps you list out above exactly.

I set the Storage Boot Option Control: Legacy

I downloaded the RUFU Portable tool, and the *.iso image. I ran the program as you showed in your previous post however I get the following error:

Fatal server error: (EE) no screens found(EE)

(EE) Server terminated with error (1)

Not sure what I am doing wrong here, since you were able to do this successfully. Any advice?

Thanks,

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi eforonda,

I haven't seen that error message before, but according to what I have searched about it, the error message is related to the video/graphics card your system has. Do you have an external video card, or you are using the one embedded in the motherboard? I'm not sure about this, but this could be fixed by disabling the external video card and using the embedded one. Although, it would be easier and less strenuous if you have access to another computer where you can test the ISO image and see if you get the same result.Don't worry if you don't have another computer. I just want to explain you what seems to be the reason of that error message and how we could try to solve it or at least try a workaround (another computer).I'll keep investigating about it and see what other options we have.Let me know if it's possible to test it in another computer.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi eforonda,

Have you had any chance to follow my suggestion above or to test it in another computer?Regards,Diego V.