cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

535 SSDSC2BW480H6 - Dies Occasionally On Motherboard

EForo
New Contributor

I have a Intel SSD 535 - SSDSC2BW480H6. It has begun to fail on my motherboard, started happening about 4 months ago. It worked fine for about a year and a half but about 4 months ago it started to not show up on my motherboard. Initially I had to install a new ssd hard drive, however it showed up on the bios screen one time. Now it goes off and on randomly. I have to do several reboots in order for it to come back on line. I did run the Intel Solid State Drive Tool box for a full diagnostic Scan but nothing failed. Just started a second scan right now. Checked for a new firmware but no update showed, so now I have the following questions:

• Are there any other settings I can check for the SSD or the motherboard to root cause this?
    • I changed out the cable and power cable.
    • I am pretty sure it is a SSD issue at this point since the other SSD is working 100%.
  • How can I start an RMA process?
  • If it is an RMA what if the issue cannot be repeated?
    • The issue is random some times it works sometimes it doesn't/

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

12 REPLIES 12

EForo
New Contributor

Hello Diego,

I finally had sometime to test it on another computer and on this computer I have a hang on boot, the usb stick does not even get past the first boot screen it only has a prompt something like this: boot: _ with the cursor and on the top line: looking like this SYSLINUX 6.01 EBB...so on and so on. At this point I would like to get my defective product replaced. It is a defective product because it is not working at this point, is well within the time of the warranty, and I have grown tired of all these steps I am not here to fix the mistakes on Intel's part which led to my drive being defective. I have spent enough time and energy with all the steps you have listed, and obviously the steps are not correct either that or the image is not suitable for all the setups. I have jump through enough hoops for you to send me a replacement drive with out me having to do anything else. So at this point I would like a replacement drive, I purchased a Intel drive with the hopes that I wouldn't have to deal with an issue like this. I would like you to PM and we can work out the details of you sending me a replacement drive. I have done enough of setting up and tearing down this will be the last Intel product I will ever purchase just due to this experience.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi eforonda,

I completely understand you. We'll proceed with the replacement process, however the troubleshooting process that we went through is necessary as it can tell us what the root cause of the issue could be, or it could resolve the issue avoiding additional processes like the replacement one. Of course, there are scenarios like this one, where the issue is not fixed after the troubleshooting process is done.Anyhow, as I mentioned, we'll proceed with the replacement process so you don't have to be worried about it. I understand that the process sometimes becomes exhaustive and long, but we always try to make it as easy as possible for the users.I'll send you a private message with additional information so that we can start with the replacement process. I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused to you.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.

OBerb
New Contributor

I dont load USB drive.I get an error. See scren

Motheboard asrock n68c-s ucc.

Running on an external video card and internal video card. The mistake is the same.

I also tried to run on a notebook