cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

540 ssd firmware update

aring2
New Contributor

Hello ive been having trouble the past few days trying to get this to update i tried the usb route but i just couldent get it to work now i found this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26378/iRMFUU-for-Intel-SSD-540s-Pro-5400s-E-5400s-DC-S3100... Download iRMFUU for Intel® SSD 540s/Pro 5400s/E 5400s/DC S3100 Series FW Update i was excited to find that i didnt have to do the usb route again but everytime i run the file it says its updating firmware then just closes without saying anything else after a few second and then nothing is updated please help i tried to change the directory and even installed it to the directory everytime i try to change the directory it says the file cant be found the iFUUM file im on my last leg trying to get this to work so hopefully someone can walk me threw this ty.

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello austin1021,

We understand you would like to update the firmware on your Intel® SSD 540s Series, but this has not worked.We would like you to please install the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27130/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox and let us know what is the current firmware version on it?The Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox should be able to also install the latest firmware version for the SSD, which is the 041C.For the firmware to be applied using the iRMFUU method, you need to run CMD as administrator and then type the correct command first: Cd c:\irmfuuOnce you enter the folder, please type the following: irmfuu_7.0.0.E.exeAll this information is found when you download the iRMFUU and open the update process file.Please let us know if this works.Regards,Nestor C

aring2
New Contributor

I'm replying in hopes this helps other people, your answer deffinaltly helped me after i redownloaded the ssd toolbox a few times it actually let me update it from the tool box and i didnt have to do anything else. Thanks for the help not sure what was going on but not untill tonight when i downloaded the same toolbox again it let me update .

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi austin1021,

Thanks for reporting to us that your situation is now fixed. We expect that someone else with the same situation can be able to fix it by following this thread.Regards,Nestor C