cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

540s failed to load Windows 10 installation file

MHaym
New Contributor

I am adding a new 540s SSD on my old computer in order to boost the performance. I made a bootable USB but the SSD just skip the Windows installation process.

4 REPLIES 4

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello MHaym, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® SSD 540s Series. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • We will like to know if your Intel® SSD 540s is being detected in your BIOS. • We will like to know your Motherboard model and manufacturer. • We will appreciate if you can elaborate more regarding your comment “just skip the Windows installation process.” By this do you mean that you cannot start the installation process on your PC? We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

EKass
New Contributor

It skip the Windows installation process? for what?Did the computer not recognize the bootable USB?

Generally,USB is easy to get wrong,if so that,you can do it my way again: https://www.androidphonesoft.com/resources/create-bootable-usb-from-iso.html

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello MHaym, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello MHaym, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation