cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

545s non-enhanced power loss protection

RRust
New Contributor

Hi

As stated in the Intel SSD 545s Series specification, this drive does not have Enhanced Power Loss Data Protection. In my understanding, if there is no enhaced protection in the 545s drive, then probably there is a standard (non-enhanced) protection against power loss. Could you explain what type of protection against power loss is used in 545s and what are the differences from the enhanced level of protection in the context of protecting user data.

Also, since I am in the process of choosing an SSD for purchase, it is important for me to know if the 545s has the data protection technology described in the document by the link: https://www.micron.com/~/media/documents/products/white-paper/ssd_power_loss_protection_white_paper_... on page 3 under the heading "Countermeasures in

Client Computing ". If not, does this technology provide more reliable data protection in drives with this technology in comparison with 545s?

6 REPLIES 6

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello Rrust, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello, Rrust, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation