cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600p SSD update in Ryzen system

PKras4
New Contributor

I recently added a 600p SSD to a new AMD build. The utilites refuse to update the drivers, and the provided linux distro failed to boot (likely due to the being Intel specific).

Is there any way I can update the firmware that doesn't require access to a computer with an intel based processor?

Motherboard: Asus Strix X370-F

Processor: Ryzen 1800X

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi pekras,

In order to better understand your situation, could you please provide the following information: -System information, please use https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- this utility and attach the file here (Please use the advanced editor button)-Also, please share the MSinfo32 log information. (http://nuanceimaging.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15390/%7E/how-to-generate-an-msinfo32-log Here is a guide in case you need it)-Please export the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox log (Click on export and save the file)-Is this drive your boot SSD or is a storage SSD?NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.We'll be waiting for your response.Regards, Junior M.

PKras4
New Contributor

Attached are the 3 requested documents. I didn't see any advanced editor setting in the support utility, so I set it to record everything.

Intel Drive is the boot drive. This could be changed, as it is cloned in case of a failure when updating.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi pekras,

Thanks for the information provided. We have some reports that with the Windows* built 1609 some customers were able to update the firmware of the SSD. You can check the thread /thread/116997 here. We recommend you to back up your date and downgrade the Windows* built version and try to upgrade the firmware with the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox. Please let us know if that works. Regards, Junior M.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi pekras,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.Regards, Junior M.

PKras4
New Contributor

Finding a specific, year-old windows build is not a realistic solution. I was unable to locate 1609 on the Windows web-site, and the fact that you haven't tested your software since then is embarrassing. If you were to provide a link to a known-working windows build, that might be helpful for people who have this problem in the future.

Update was performed by buying an M.2 to PCI adapter, and running the update via USB boot on an old Intel computer. This isn't a great solution, as it requires moving the drive every time an update needs to be performed. The only reason this is acceptable at all is that firmware updates should only happen rarely.