cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600p SSD update in Ryzen system

PKras4
New Contributor

I recently added a 600p SSD to a new AMD build. The utilites refuse to update the drivers, and the provided linux distro failed to boot (likely due to the being Intel specific).

Is there any way I can update the firmware that doesn't require access to a computer with an intel based processor?

Motherboard: Asus Strix X370-F

Processor: Ryzen 1800X

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi pekras,

Thanks for sharing your results, we're glad to hear you've solved it. We do agree that this is not an ideal solution, but only a workaround, as we continue to investigate the failure to determine the root cause and create the proper solution.

In order to understand your solution better, can you clarify what OS build/version you have loaded on your old Intel computer? This would be a good datapoint for our Engineering team and helps others that may encounter this situation

Regards,

Junior M.

PKras4
New Contributor

Computer used was a Compaq dx2400. The update was run by booting from a usb. No operating system is present, as no hard drive is installed (PC kept as a working parts spare for other old PCs). The SSD toolbox was not used to perform the update.

After updating the firmware and reinstalling the drive in my original system, the SSD toolbox still did not allow me to use the Optimizer. This required manually installing the NVMe driver, as 600p is apparently not officially supported by the Intel NVMe driver. This was done by following the instructions here: http://www.usb-drivers.org/win-10-intel-ssd-optimizer-greyed-out-for-600p.html Win 10 – Intel SSD Optimizer greyed out for 600P | USB Driver

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi pekras,

Thanks for the information provided. We will provide this feedback to our engineering team so they can continue investigating the failure and help others to may encounter this situation.Regards, Junior M.