cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600p incorrect function

JBuch5
New Contributor

Hi,

I installed a 256 GB 600p ssd in a MSI GL72 6QD laptop with W10. When I try and initialize the disk using Disk Management, I get and "Incorrect function." response from the Virtual Disk Manager. See attached png. I can see the drive in the bios and I can see the drive properties (attached png). How do I get the drive to initialize and format?

Thank you,

Jack

34 REPLIES 34

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello JackBuchanan,

We would like to know if you have any updates from MSI* or if you still require further assistance from us.We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi JackBuchanan,

Is there any way you can try to initialize the disk in a desktop computer supported?Also, could you check with MSI* in order to check compatibility with this drive?We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC

VRutt
New Contributor

I'm having this exact issue only I am trying to set up the Intel 600p M.2 128GB on my MSI GL62 6QD. Here is what I have done so far with no success:

- Updated my BIOS

- Tried Intel's Firmware Update

- Tried Intel's Migration Software

- Created Restore Media and attempted to install Windows on Intel 600p

- Did full system restore of Windows 10

I still get the "Incorrect function" message when I try to initialize this ssd. Please help Intel!

Vince

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Vinnybagadonuts,

By any chance did you try a different computer? A desktop if you can?We are investigation about this situation, please keep checking here for a response.Regards,NC

VRutt
New Contributor

Hi NC,

I appreciate you effort in helping to resolvethis issue. Unfortunately, I do not have access to any other computers with an M.2 PCIe SSD connection.

I am hoping that you will be able to suggest or create a firmware update that will resolve this issue. This SSD was recommended by my computer store and now they won't take back open hardware. It is an unfortunate situation.

V