cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600p incorrect function

JBuch5
New Contributor

Hi,

I installed a 256 GB 600p ssd in a MSI GL72 6QD laptop with W10. When I try and initialize the disk using Disk Management, I get and "Incorrect function." response from the Virtual Disk Manager. See attached png. I can see the drive in the bios and I can see the drive properties (attached png). How do I get the drive to initialize and format?

Thank you,

Jack

34 REPLIES 34

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Cliche,

Thanks so much for reporting this situation as well with your MSI GL62 6QD system.We are still working on this situation which most likely indicates that it could be a compatibility or interface situation. We will keep you all posted.Regards,NC

MHeat1
New Contributor

Hi Intel,

I have the exact same issue on this thread.

I installed a 256 GB 600p ssd in a MSI CX72 6QD laptop with Windows 10.

The storage options on my Laptop are M.2 SSD Combo (NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 / SATA )

When i try to initialize the SSD in come up with a "Incorrect function" error, as per screen shot attached.

I also don't have access to a Desktop PC that is M.2 compatible.

There seems to be nothing on this thread resolving this issue?

Please help

Thanks,

Mat

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Mat88,

Could you please check your private messages?We will be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C

RMats8
New Contributor

Hello Intel,

I am also unable to use my recently purchased 512GB 600P in my MSI GL72 6QC-025AC laptop. The 600P is not recognized in the laptop bios and of course does not show up in Windows 10 Disk Management nor Intel SSD Toolbox. I was intending to use the 600P as the boot drive.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Regards,

Robert M

RMats8
New Contributor

Further to my post, I have not checked with MSI directly but their description of the m.2 slot in this GL72 6QC laptop is "NVMe M.2 SSD by PCIe Gen3 X4 up to 2200MB/s speed" .

Regards,

Robert M