cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600p not recognized new build

MMill18
New Contributor II

I built a new computer with an Intel 600p on an Asus Maximus IX Hero. When I was trying to install Windows 10, my SSD did not appear in the "where do you want to put windows?" screen. The drive won't appear in diskpart, only the usb with windows shows up. I have tried updating my BIOS, various settings(I made sure the m.2 port was set to PCIE x4,) in the BIOS, and switching M.2 ports. No success. Is there a software or driver I need? Most of what I see seems to be for an OS and not a BIOS. I have no idea what to do. Could it just be a bad drive? I don't know anybody who has a computer I could test the drive on, so I have no way to check.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MMill18
New Contributor II

Found the issue. I had improperly installed the ssd(physically). I didn't realize you push until it clicks before pushing it down towards the motherboard(Asus's manual isn't very detailed).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi ElectricTiger,

We have seen a similar case in the past in the following /thread/111973 thread.

We suggest you to, first of all, disable fast boot and secure boot. Also, it is important to setup the SATA mode in BIOS to AHCI mode.

Please let us know if this worked.

Regards,

Nestor C

MMill18
New Contributor II

I disabled fast boot, switched to AHCI mode, and my system would not allow me to change the settings on secure boot. No luck.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello ElectriTiger,

After checking some http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_IX_HERO/M9H_DEVICE_QVL.pdf?_ga=1.252802688.88307... documentation on the manufacturer website, page 5, we can confirm the drive was tested with your motherboard and it should work fine.Also, since you already tested both of the M.2 ports, we do suggest to get in contact with Asus* in order to check the settings on the board, this since they have tested this SSD model already and it seems to be a settings configuration situation.Have you seen if the SSD is detected in the BIOS?Regards,Nestor C

MMill18
New Contributor II

Found the issue. I had improperly installed the ssd(physically). I didn't realize you push until it clicks before pushing it down towards the motherboard(Asus's manual isn't very detailed).