cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60gb x25m g2 with read/write 4k of 10-13 mb/s?! help!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
hey everyone. i did a fresh 7 install, in AHCI mode, did all the SSD tweaks, etc etc. drive is brand new.

i get (sry no pic)

Seq: R:251 W:1044K: R:13 W:124K64: R:143 W:65Time: 0.113 / 0.185everything is great and i did everything listed by intel and guides, etc. why is the 4k so low? faulty drive?anyone had this?thanks

everything is AWESOME. but the 4k is damn terrible. what could be doing this?other than my 4k these numbers are some of the best i have seen
8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

More than likely there is nothing you can do, apart from hassle ASUS and look for driver/ bios/ firmware updates. Changing the block size will not help. Whilst it is no doubt annoying that your ssd is not working optimally the difference is not something you will really notice outside of a benchmark.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

thanks redux. i booted in safe mode and ran it again and the 4k went twice as good. 20/50

so it must be a driver thing

at least my ssd is working ok

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

what if the allocation units are offset. could this cause this latency?

if so and in general anyway, how do i completley wipe the ssd + recovery partition in order to set the alignment perfect on a fresh install. last fresh install i did the alignment is a liiiitle off.

thanks

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just a quick sanity check:

Intel does not make a 60GB X-25M G2. I assume you meant to type 80GB -- correct?