cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

665p SSD 1tb only shows 1024mb

Frznagn
New Contributor

I cloned an ssd to my new Intel one and it didn't work. Not sure what I did, but now it's only showing 1024mb. I've used AOMEI Partition Assistant, Disk Part, and Intel's Toolbox but nothing can change this to be able to see the full size. This is the second Intel SSD that's done this. Is there some sort of trick to restore this back to it's 1tb size? I find it hard to believe that I've had two defective products in a row.

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro 8.1

Ailsa_68
New Contributor

Maybe you could refer to the solutions to cloned hard drive show wrong size to get it fixed.

Hope it helps.

Good Luck

Thanks for trying, but this didn't help. I don't have any partition on the ssd, nor do I have any unallocated space, just 1024mb which I can't partition/format/secure erase.

Hello, @Frznagn.

Did you try to contact support from them regarding this error?

Is it possible for you to provide us the exact steps and options selected in order to reach this outcome?  for example, "I downloaded this from link, installed, selected clone disk, quick clone, keep partitions..."?

I would also like to know if you can provide us the drives details from the Intel Memory and Storage Tool CLI.

- Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29917/Intel-Memory-and-Storage-Tool-CLI-Command-Line-Inter...

- User and installation guides available on the same page.

The following commands can be used to get the information:

- To obtain a list of all the Intel drives connected and the drive index: intelmas show -intelssd

- To obtain the SMART details: intelmas show -smart -intelssd X

- To obtain all the drive details: intelmas show -all -intelssd X

- Just replace the X with the actual drive index number.

- This video can also be used as reference: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057393/memory-and-storage.html

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Here's the data you requested. I added a couple other pics as well.

I partitioned the drive, but only about half of the disk space. I formatted the partition, but had an error with the drive letter. Next thing you know the drive shows blank in AOMEI, file explorer says Local Disk (J:) but no info below it. I tried to format it but got "Windows was unable to complete the format."