cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

665p SSD 1tb only shows 1024mb

Frznagn
New Contributor

I cloned an ssd to my new Intel one and it didn't work. Not sure what I did, but now it's only showing 1024mb. I've used AOMEI Partition Assistant, Disk Part, and Intel's Toolbox but nothing can change this to be able to see the full size. This is the second Intel SSD that's done this. Is there some sort of trick to restore this back to it's 1tb size? I find it hard to believe that I've had two defective products in a row.

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

AlHill
Contributor II

I use macrium reflect, and it has never failed me for cloning.

Frznagn
New Contributor

Okay, but I can't clone now because I can only see 1gb of space on a 1tb drive.

Hello, @Frznagn.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

We received your ticket regarding the status of your drive after the cloning process, I will be glad to assist you.

For this particular case, and since we do not offer support for third-party tools, the best option would be to contact the developer of the tool you are using for cloning your drive to confirm how you can overcome this error, especially since this has happened twice as you mentioned, they may be able to provide you with detailed instruction on how to complete this process successfully or be aware of any possible errors that may occur.

If they refer you back to us for a specific reason, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A contingent Worker at Intel

Ailsa_68
New Contributor

What software did you use to clone? How the Intel SSD shows in your Disk Management?