cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

750 PCIe SSD Worked once, now solid red light - help!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

So yesterday I decided to buy the new Intel SSD 750 (AIC format) in 800GB.

I installed it in my PC, was able to install Windows 10 on it and got things setup. As I went through the typical Windows updates on a new install, it restarted several times as usual.On the last bootup, the bios would appear instead of loading Windows on the SSD.

I have tried absolutely everything to get the SSD to work again. There is now a constant solid red light on the SSD - when the PC boots up, it has a yellow light then red light - both lights stay on solid. The bios can no longer even see the SSD. It is absolutely in the proper designated PCIe 3 slot - the same happens when it is in the other PCIe 3 slot as well.

The sad part is that because it was working so well when I had initially set it up I had briefly placed files on the drive that I need - not thinking the drive would fail so soon like this, I am now really frustrated and upset

Here are my PC specs:

Mobo: ASUS Z97 PRO (wifi-ac) - absolute latest bios from Asus (2702)

RAM: Patriot Viper 3 Series Black Mamba (32GB over 4 dimms)

GPU: ASUS GTX770 DC2OC-2GD5

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad 3.5GHz

PSU: Corsair AX760 760watts

Other notes: I have other SSD's in the machine as well, All Samsung 840 EVO 2.5 drives. I tried disconnecting those so the machine would only see the 750 SSD, still no luck.

The 750 SSD has been updated to the latest firmware from Intel.

The store has I bought it from has a 7 day manufacturing defect return policy. The problem is that I have files I need on the drive. Do I contact Intel first to see if my files can be recovered?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello DustinLabs,

As per the red light on this model, it means there is a fatal situation and normally we do replace the drives. We do suggest you to please get in contact with our https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US support department for further assistance.We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello DustinLabs,

As per the red light on this model, it means there is a fatal situation and normally we do replace the drives. We do suggest you to please get in contact with our https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US support department for further assistance.We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the info! I spoke to a tech and they directed me to return the ssd for exchange or exchange at the store i bought it from.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi DustinLabs,

We are glad to hear you got in contact with our support department.Anything else, please let us know.Regards.NC